📝Last week, Documenters covered a job training program for high schoolers with Cleveland Public Power, pro-Palestinian protests at Cleveland City Council, and a new fee for car-sharing services at Hopkins Airport. Check out the highlights in this week’s episode.
Our Voices United,” a Burten, Bell, Carr community radio station.
Check out the highlights in this week’s episode. 📻👇🏿
Listen to this week’s Public Meetings Report here:
Listen in on your favorite podcast app:
The Documenters whose work contributed to this episode are:
- Aaron Skubby
- Tina Scott
- Jada Hobson
- Ayanna Rose Banks
- Alicia Moreland
- Regina Samuels
Their work has been compiled this week by Rachel Dissell, Anastasia Vanisko, and Dakotah Kennedy. The Public Meetings Report is produced by Gennifer Harding-Gosnell.
The Public Meetings Report is produced by Signal Cleveland and Cleveland Documenters, in partnership with WOVU 95.9FM “Our Voices United,” a Burten, Bell, Carr community radio station.
Signal Cleveland meeting briefs:
- Protesters chant in support of Palestinians, halt council meeting Cleveland City Council, October 30, 2023
- Cleveland adds fee for vehicle-sharing services at Hopkins Airport Cleveland Board of Control, November 1, 2023
- Paid positions available for CMSD students interested in the trades Utilities Committee, Cleveland City Council, November 2, 2023
- Cleveland City Council Notes and Live-Tweet Thread – October 30, 2023
- Cleveland Board of Control Notes and Live-Tweet Thread – November 1, 2023
- Utilities Committee, Cleveland City Council, Notes and Live-Tweet Thread – November 2, 2023
Signal Cleveland reporting:
- The dome bringing peace to the Central community by Najee Hall
- Police monitoring team wants Cleveland Community Police Commission to end public arguing by Stephanie Casanova
- Adding to Cleveland’s civil rights history, forgiving utility bills and Shaker Square landlord update by Mark Naymik, Nick Castele and Olivera Perkins
- Issue 2 would allow Ohio adults to smoke marijuana, though questions about long-term health effects remain unanswered by Candice Wilder
- Construction launches on Buckeye-Woodhill Transformation Project on Buckeye Road – Cleveland.com, September 16, 2022
- Powering through: meet the first woman to complete Cleveland Public Power’s lineworker apprentice program – The Land, April 21, 2023
- Legislation to approve Woodhill Homes redevelopment
- Cleveland City Council – October 30, 2023
- Cleveland Board of Control – November 1, 2023
- Utilities Committee, Cleveland City Council – November 2, 2023
- HOW TO BECOME A CLEVELAND DOCUMENTER
- Cleveland City Council
- Public Comment CLE
- Application for Intern to Apprentice Program, Cleveland Public Power
The Public Meetings Report is a weekly audio rundown of what happened in local government meetings here in Greater Cleveland – in five minutes or less! The show is based on the work of Cleveland Documenters – residents like you who are trained and paid to document these meetings for the public. Produced by Signal Cleveland and Cleveland Documenters, in partnership with WOVU 95.9FM “Our Voices United,” a Burten, Bell, Carr community radio station.