Cleveland Documenters trains and pays residents to document local government meetings. Cleveland Documenters is powered by Signal Cleveland in partnership with City Bureau.
Get involved today!
- Create an account at Documenters.org. Creating an account requires only your name and an email address.
- Once you are signed up, you’ll need to fill out the application linked on your Documenters.org profile page.
- To find the page, click the yellow circle with your initials in the upper right corner of the home page at Documenters.org
- In the drop-down menu, click “Profile”
- Click the square pencil button in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Scroll down to “Sign-up form” and click the “Edit” button.
- Fill out the sign up form.
- The last step to becoming eligible for a paid assignment is attending a Cleveland Documenters one-hour orientation. After that, you’ll be able to apply for paid Cleveland Documenter assignments. Check the “Workshops” tab at Documenters.org to see when the next Cleveland Documenters orientation is scheduled.
We hold virtual office hours every Tuesday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. via Zoom. Stop by anytime from 4 to 6 to ask questions, learn more about the program, meet the team, or connect with other Documenters. Find and register for the next virtual office hours in the “Workshops” tab at Documenters.org
Cleveland Documenters Community of Practice (DCoP), our monthly gathering and learning exchange, is another great place to meet and learn about the Cleveland Documenters community. We hold these sessions via Zoom on the last Thursday of every month. Once a quarter we hold it in-person. Find and register for the next DCoP in the “Workshops” tab at Documenters.org.
Of course, feel free to reach out with any questions, concerns, thoughts or ideas you may have: firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 202-4383.
Managing Editor, Community