With Cleveland City Council on a summer break, we thought it would be a great time to revisit some of the comments made by residents this year on the issues that matter most to them.
In this episode of Signal Cleveland’s Public Meetings Report, we bring you your neighbors’ words to Cleveland City Council on women’s reproductive rights, the new CentroVilla business development project, and more.
Listen to this week’s Public Meetings Report here:
Full comments highlighted in the show:
- Juan Molina Crespo, May 22, 2023
- Mary Ellen Szamborski, April 17, 2023
- Andre Dailey, February 27, 2023
Public comment resources:
- Read transcriptions and watch every public comment made at Cleveland City Council this year at Public Comment CLE, a website created by Ohio City resident Angelo Trivisonno.
- A guide to public comment at Cleveland City Council from Cleveland Documenters and Signal Cleveland.
- Register to make a public comment at a Cleveland City Council meeting at Council’s website.
- Find more of Signal Cleveland’s civic resources here.
Side Hustle: Mikael Ellis works four jobs focused on the LGBTQ+ community (video)
By Jeff Haynes
Mikael Ellis has purposely decided to work at businesses that either primarily cater to LGBTQ+ patrons or have a large clientele from this community.
The Public Meetings Report is a weekly audio rundown of what happened in local government meetings here in Greater Cleveland – in five minutes or less! The show is based on the work of Cleveland Documenters – residents like you who are trained and paid to document these meetings for the public. Produced by Signal Cleveland, Cleveland Documenters and WOVU 95.9 FM.