As lots of attention went toward last week’s city and statewide elections, Documenters kept up with local government happenings. Here are some items they picked up on: a reminder of higher water bills in 2024, a worker-owned laundry facility in Glenville buying land, and approval for child care service at a Cudell home. Learn more in this week’s episode. 📻👇🏿
Listen to this week’s Public Meetings Report here:
Listen in on your favorite podcast app:
The Documenters whose work contributed to this episode are:
- Ayanna Rose Banks
- Dan McLaughlin
- Alyssa Holznagel
- Emily Anderson
Their work has been compiled this week by Rachel Dissell, Anastasia Vanisko, and Dakotah Kennedy. The Public Meetings Report is produced by Gennifer Harding-Gosnell.
The Public Meetings Report is produced by Signal Cleveland and Cleveland Documenters, in partnership with WOVU 95.9FM “Our Voices United,” a Burten, Bell, Carr community radio station.
Signal Cleveland meeting briefs:
- Plans for Tremont apartments, Cudell child care move forward Cleveland Board of Zoning Appeals, November 6, 2023
- Evergreen Cooperative Laundry buys Cleveland Land Bank lots Cleveland Board of Control, November 8, 2023
- Cleveland Water customers set to pay slightly more in 2024 Cleveland City Council, Utilities Committee, November 9, 2023
- Cleveland Board of Zoning Appeals Live-Tweet Thread – November 6, 2023
- Cleveland Board of Control Live-Tweet Thread – November 8, 2023
- Cleveland City Council, Utilities Committee Notes and Live-Tweet Thread – November 9, 2023
Signal Cleveland reporting:
- FAQ: Form-based code, a zoning reform plan coming to Cleveland by Frank Lewis
- Cleveland City Council eyes tighter rules for public comments by Nick Castele
- Going to the mat for Cleveland’s youth by Najee Hall
- Waitlist for housing voucher program opens Nov. 13. Do you qualify? By Dakotah Kennedy
- Legislation to raise city water rates
- Cleveland Board of Zoning Appeals – November 6, 2023
- Cleveland Board of Control – November 8, 2023
- Cleveland City Council, Utilities Committee – November 9, 2023
- HOW TO BECOME A CLEVELAND DOCUMENTER
- Cleveland City Council
- Cleveland Board of Zoning Appeals
- Cleveland Board of Zoning Appeals meeting presentation
- What is a city zoning code?
- What is a variance?
- Evergreen Cooperative Laundry
- What is fair market value?
- Water distribution – how it works: Cleveland Water
- Apply for help with your water or sewer bill
The Public Meetings Report is a weekly audio rundown of what happened in local government meetings here in Greater Cleveland – in five minutes or less! The show is based on the work of Cleveland Documenters – residents like you who are trained and paid to document these meetings for the public. Produced by Signal Cleveland and Cleveland Documenters, in partnership with WOVU 95.9FM “Our Voices United,” a Burten, Bell, Carr community radio station.