📝Last week, Documenters captured higher fines and possible jail time for parents and guardians whose children violate curfew, council members’ plans to review public comment rules, Community Police Commissioners debates about hiring a lawyer, and a call for law enforcement to use the county Diversion Center.
Check out the highlights in this week’s episode. 👇🏿
Listen to this week’s Public Meetings Report here:
The Documenters whose work contributed to this episode are:
- Barbara Phipps
- Jada Hobson
- Kareema McCree-Wilson
- Dean Jackson
- Lakeisha Smith
- Alicia Moreland
Their work has been compiled this week by Doug Breehl-Pitorak, Anastasia Vanisko, and Dakotah Kennedy. The Public Meetings Report is produced by Gennifer Harding-Gosnell.
The Public Meetings Report is produced by Signal Cleveland and Cleveland Documenters, in partnership with WOVU 95.9FM “Our Voices United,” a Burten, Bell, Carr community radio station.
Signal Cleveland meeting briefs:
- Police commission debates hiring an independent lawyer, Community Police Commission, September 27, 2023
- Jail time on the line for parents under updated Cleveland youth curfew, Cleveland City Council Safety Committee, September 27, 2023
- $3.5 million approved for Cleveland police helicopters, Cleveland City Council, October 2, 2023
- Not enough police use Cuyahoga County Diversion Center, official says, Cuyahoga County Council Public Safety and Justice Affairs Committee, October 3, 2023
- Community Police Commission Notes and Live-Tweet Thread – September 27, 2023
- Cleveland City Council Safety Committee Notes , Notes  – September 27, 2023
- Cleveland City Council Notes , Notes , and Live-Tweet Thread – October 2, 2023
- Cuyahoga County Council Public Safety and Justice Affairs Committee Notes – October 3, 2023
Related Signal Cleveland reporting:
- The Follow Up: How many 311 callers need language translation in Cleveland?
- Cleveland’s Southeast Side czar on turning around disinvested neighborhoods
- FAQ: Issue 1, the proposed constitutional amendment that would ensure reproductive
- Mayor Bibb backs Issue 2, anti-violence ideas requested, Cuyahoga County jail site turf war
- Tri-C seeks modest tax increase through Issue 5 on November ballot
- Council OKs plunging Cleveland into darkness in April 2024
- Community Police Commission – September 27, 2023
- Cleveland City Council Safety Committee – September 27, 2023
- Cleveland City Council – October 2, 2023
- Cuyahoga County Council Public Safety and Justice Affairs Committee – October 3, 2023
- HOW TO BECOME A CLEVELAND DOCUMENTER
- Cleveland City Council
- Cuyahoga County Council
- Cuyahoga County Diversion Center
- Oriana House
- Diversion Center Board
- Cleveland Community Police Commission
The Public Meetings Report is a weekly audio rundown of what happened in local government meetings here in Greater Cleveland – in five minutes or less! The show is based on the work of Cleveland Documenters – residents like you who are trained and paid to document these meetings for the public. Produced by Signal Cleveland and Cleveland Documenters, in partnership with WOVU 95.9FM “Our Voices United,” a Burten, Bell, Carr community radio station.