As the weather heated up, so did the discussions Documenters covered in last week’s public meetings. Cleveland City Council talked about new rules for Community Benefits Agreements. They also spent almost half of a five-hour Safety Committee meeting debating how much control they should have over the proposed Neighborhood Safety Fund. Catch the details in this week’s episode of the Public Meetings Report!
Listen to this week’s Public Meetings Report here:
- Residents ask Cleveland to support accessible housing (Signal Cleveland, May 2023)
- Cleveland City Council talks community benefits of new construction (Signal Cleveland, May 2023)
- Violence interrupters urge committee to support new safety fund (Signal Cleveland, May 2023)
- Committee learns about plans for vacant Cleveland schools (Signal Cleveland, May 2023)
- Cleveland City Council Wants To Forgive Unpaid Water and Electric Bills (Signal Cleveland, May 2023)
- Full City Council Meeting Recording
- Full Finance, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Meeting Recording
- Full Safety Committee Meeting Recording
- Community Benefits Agreement (CBA)
- Tax Abatements
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
- Cleveland City Council survey on new construction in your neighborhood
Subscribe to On Air on these podcast platforms:
The Public Meetings Report is a weekly audio rundown of what happened in local government meetings here in Greater Cleveland – in five minutes or less! The show is based on the work of Cleveland Documenters – residents like you who are trained and paid to document these meetings for the public. Produced by Signal Cleveland, Cleveland Documenters and WOVU 95.9 FM.