The Cleveland Documenters team was in Chicago this week for a summit celebrating the civic power being built by people in more than a dozen cities that now have Documenters programs!
Here in Cleveland, we have a few bits from recent public meetings to share, including a contract approved to continue replacing outdated water service lines, and a call to have health professionals, not police, respond to mental health crises. Check out what we learned in this week’s episode.👇🏿
Listen to this week’s Public Meetings Report here:
The Documenters whose work contributed to this episode are:
- Janelle James
- Ayanna Watkins
- Jenna Thomas
- Tina Scott
- Mildred Seward
- Stesia Swain
Their work has been compiled this week by Signal Cleveland’s Rachel Dissell and Dakotah Kennedy. The Public Meetings Report is produced by Gennifer Harding-Gosnell.
Learn how to become a Cleveland Documenter here. The next Cleveland Documenters orientation is Thursday, September 21, from 5:30-6:30 p.m. via Zoom.
The Public Meetings Report is produced by Signal Cleveland and Cleveland Documenters, in partnership with WOVU 95.9FM “Our Voices United,” a Burten, Bell, Carr community radio station.
Signal Cleveland meeting briefs:
- Board of Control – August 30, 2023
- Mental Health Response Advisory Committee Community Engagement Committee – August 31, 2023
- City Planning Commission – September 1, 2023
- Board of Control meeting Notes , Notes  and Live-Tweets (Cleveland Documenters, August 30, 2023)
- Mental Health Response Advisory Committee Community Engagement Committee Notes and Live-Tweets (Cleveland Documenters, August 31, 2023)
- City Planning Commission Notes and Live-Tweets (Cleveland Documenters, September 1, 2023)
Related Signal Cleveland reporting:
- Specially trained police officers responding to more crisis calls by Stephanie Casanova
- The basics of how bail and bonds work (Explainer) by Rachel Dissell, Ilica Mahajan and The Marshall Project
- Bail reform in Cuyahoga County (Timeline) Rachel Dissell, Ilica Mahajan and The Marshall Project
- Cuyahoga County judges vowed to reform the bail system. Here’s what happened by Ilica Mahajan, Rachel Dissell and The Marshall Project
- Legislation approving lead and galvanized piping replacement
- HOW TO BECOME A CLEVELAND DOCUMENTER
- Cleveland Board of Control
- Mental Health Response Advisory Committee
- City Planning Commission
- Cleveland Land Bank
- Cleveland City Planning Commission website
The Public Meetings Report is a weekly audio rundown of what happened in local government meetings here in Greater Cleveland – in five minutes or less! The show is based on the work of Cleveland Documenters – residents like you who are trained and paid to document these meetings for the public. Produced by Signal Cleveland and Cleveland Documenters, in partnership with WOVU 95.9FM “Our Voices United,” a Burten, Bell, Carr community radio station.